Exercising can be a chore to those who have the desire to be fit but don’t have the motivation to get in the gym, run on a treadmill, and lift barbells. Well I have news for you, there are plenty of other ways that are a bit more fun and exciting to exercise and get you motivated to live a healthier lifestyle.
1. Pole dance exercise – I know what you’re thinking, why would anyone want to dance on a pole if they’re not trying to be a stripper? Pole dance exercise is actually gaining a lot more popularity in recent years and even though it’s not necessarily “typical” exercise it will definitely burn calories fast while building strength, muscle, flexibility, and improve coordination.
2. Rock climbing – Rock climbing seems like a hobby right? Well why not turn that hobby into an exercise routine. Rock climbing has many benefits as well such a increasing strength, flexibility, and burning calories. Afraid of heights? Rock climbing will also help you conquer your fears.
3. Kick boxing – Kickboxing is very tense yet fun and will have you energized. Kickboxing has also been gaining popularity in recent years as a choice to stay active. Kickboxing involves many benefits as far as relieving stress and improving strength, flexibility, coordination, balance, body composition and reaction time. Advance classes include an introduction to self defense training as well.
4. Yoga – If you prefer a more relaxed setting and love the feeling of stretching this may be the choice for you. Yoga is not only relaxing but it involves exercising using your own body; benefits include stress relief from slower breathing techniques, an increase in arm strength, improvement in posture, flexibility, decrease in joint pain, increases metabolism, increases lung capacity, and improves digestion just to name a few. Yoga can also be practiced not only in the studio but in the comfort of your own home or outside if you love the feeling of fresh air.
5. Dancing/Zumba – You like to dance? Well turn on some music and move your body whether you’re at home, in a studio, or a dance party. If you want to try something it little bit more intense Zumba is also an option where dancing is incorporated into fitness. Dance benefits include stress relief, boost of memory, diminishes depression, increases balance, flexibility, and energy.
I’ll let you in on a secret, dancing has always been a coping skill of mine as well. There’s nothing like turning on some music and dancing to clear your head and relieve stress. I am a living witness.
So if you’re like me and like to switch things here are 5 ways to get fit while having fun. I have personally tried most of these on the list and enjoyed them all. Pole dance fitness is next on my list, what about yours?